Free Boss Katana MKII Software Update!
Free of charge, the Katana MKII Version 2 software update stacks a mass of new functions on top of everything that already comes with the Boss Katana MKII guitar amp!
The Boss Katana MkII: Sharper Than Ever
So anyone armed with a second-generation Katana amp can easily level up their sonic weaponry, Boss have served up a sweet free software update. In one shot, the Katana MKII Version 2 software expands the options of your Boss Katana MKII guitar amplifier even further. With Version 2, the expressive might of your amp is further honed by the addition of tone shaping tools that can be downloaded via the Boss Tone Studio app.
- New Solo Block in the FX chain: Refine your lead guitar tone with an all-new Solo Block that can be moved around at will and switched on and off with an external footswitch or with the GA-FC Foot Controller.
- New EQ Block in the FX chain: An all-new EQ Block that can be slotted wherever it's needed in the chain to provide an extra layer of tonal control.
- Two New Effects: Centa OD (Booster Block) and Solo EQ (Solo Block)
- Extensive Cab IR options: The line-out options for the cabinet now support virtual microphone types which can selected and positioned to offer more control over your direct sound.
- Contour Settings: Give your core sound more form with three different contour settings, each with four adjustable frequency curves to choose from.
- Three Global EQs: Fine-tune the total sound to back up different guitars and playing styles.
The Katana MkII Version 2 software is compatible with the following models:
- Katana-50 MkII
- Katana-100 MkII
- Katana-100/212 MkII
- Katana-Head MkII
- Katana-Artist MkII
Download the free software update here.