Yamaha Dugan-MY16 automixer interface kort
If you're regularly live mixing with multiple performers or speakers, then you already know that a number of obstacles can arise to test your hard-earned expertise. Multiple open microphones create a heightened amount of background noise and a higher risk of feedback and comb filtering. A little help to control your console faders on the fly so only the microphones that are in use are open would be great. The Yamaha Dugan MY16 auto mixer interface card is designed to do just that. Install this device in your Yamaha digital mixer and there you have it - your own personal digital assistant!
Operating the Yamaha Dugan MY16 Auto Mixer Interface Card
The concept is surprisingly simple. This card (used as an insert effect on the microphone channels of your mixer) can operate up to 16 microphones. Only the microphones that are being used receive the necessary gain from the Dugan, and the gain from the unused microphones is reduced. Of course it could be the case that multiple speakers are using their microphones simultaneously. In order to avoid the total gain (of all of the microphones combined) from fluctuating, the Dugan MY16 adjusts the total gain level automatically for a consistent overall volume. The MH16 adds crossfading between the different volumes, so the overall sound retains a natural feel.
The quality of the 16-in/16-out mix is already impeccable at 24 bit 44.1/48 kHz, but if you want to take it to the next level you can choose the 88.2/96 kHz to get an 8-in/8-out mix. It's also possible to link up to 8 Dugan MY16s in a ring, so depending on the quality of your setting, you can use a total of 64 or 128 microphones that can be adjusted in real-time. No engineer can compete with those numbers, and that alone makes this investment worthwhile. The developer, Dan Dugan, already has a number of high-end products to his name that have been used as trusted, reliable equipment in many American TV studios for years.
Tips eller kommentarer om den här produkten
- På Dan Dugans hemsida hittar du den senaste mjukvaran.
Vikt och mått inkluderar förpackning
- Vikt (inkl. förpackning) 500 gr
- Mått (inkl. förpackning) 22,0 x 11,0 x 17,0 cm
- interface card for digital Yamaha consoles
- fits in a Mini YGDAI slot
- automatically adjusts microphone gain (louder for active mics, softer for inactive mics)
- essential in live situations
- reduces background noise, feedback and comb filtering that comes with using multiple microphones
- maximum of 16 microphones per interface card
- 24 bit, 44.1/48 kHz (16 microphones)
- 24 bit, 88.2/96 kHz (8 microphones)
- consistent, natural-sounding total gain
- maximum of 8 Dugan MY16 interfaces can be connected (for max. 64 or 128 mics)
- Java application for Windows and Mac for remote control and level monitoring
- 2x optical connectors, 1x RJ-45 connectors (10/100)
- audio latency: 0.2 ms
- dimensions: 40 x 120 x 176 mm
- weight: 160 grams
compatible mixers for this interface: