iZotope BreakTweaker plugin till dubstep/elektro
One of the more popular genres of recent years is dubstep. It's a bit slower than EDM, filled with small details, rousing compressors and (innovative) melodic dirty sounds due to the use of rather extreme effects. Mainstream audiences will recognise this style from certain advertisements or dance acts in talent shows. One of the pioneers of the genre is BT (Briant Transeau), who made a name for himself producing highly detailed and layered albums. Transeau worked with iZotope to create the BreakTweaker (BT) plugin for dubstep and EDM. It's a plugin that allows the user to easily create varied and expressive loops within this popular genre.
iZotope and Brian have worked together before on another plugin called Stutter Edit. BreakTweaker goes quite a bit further than Stutter Edit, though, giving the user three engines to work with. The Generator allows you to create and edit sounds, using morphing wave table synthesis, for example. Here, you can also apply dual-stage distortion, vintage-modelled filters and four LFOs. Furthermore, the Sequencer allows you to create a loop with dynamic tempo and length; 7/8 over 4/4 is no problem for BreakTweaker As a result, the loops/beats can change and evolve over time. Finally, the MicroEdit engine allows you to slice each step into infinitesimally small parts and rebuild it to suit your preferences. It's ideal for rhythmic, harmonic and pitch-related effects.
Who is the BreakTweaker for?
With this pack, you can create vibrant loops with loads of detail and layers, which offer great choreographic opportunities. It's entirely danceable and suitable for expressing movement (think moving machines and robots). Time-warping videos in particular, (alternating sped-up footage with slow-motion) scream for the type of loops you can create with BreakTweaker. As such, the BreakTweaker isn't just an inspiring plugin for dubstep producers, but certainly for media composers as well. While the technology used here isn't necessarily new, the combination of various components in a single package really hits the mark! It's quick, it's easy, it's inspiring, but most of all, it's awesome!
- Boxed/download CD / DVD / USB-minne
- Passar operativsystem Apple OSX / Mac OS, Microsoft Windows
- Format plug-in AAX, AU, VST, RTAS
- Typ instrument beats och spår
Vikt och mått inkluderar förpackning
- Vikt (inkl. förpackning) 500 gr
- Mått (inkl. förpackning) 0,5 x 0,5 x 0,5 cm
- ideal for dubstep and EDM
- useful for commercials and trailers
- developed by Brian 'BT' Transeau
- user-friendly controls
- ideal for EDM producers and media composers
- elaborate sound engine
- step sequencer
- micro-edit for slicing and rebuilding steps
- ideal for wobbles
- Discover feature shows similar samples, handy if what you have is close to what you need, but you don't want to go through long lists
- including presets, drum samples and wave tables by top DJs (including BT)
- plugin formats: AAX (ProTools 11), RTAS (ProTools 7.4 - 10), VST, VST3, AU
- works like a virtual instrument in popular hosts such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, SONAR, ACID, Ableton Live etc.
- Windows: XP, 7, 8 (32/64-bit)
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or newer (Intel only)
- the Discover feature requires an internet connection