Black Friday 2021
BLACK FRIDAY: 7% Off Everything
Get hyped! For a limited time only, discount code BF2021 gets you 7% off any piece of gear in our range. Simply add the code to your basket and the discount is automatically applied to your order. Don’t miss out!
Not sure how to enter a discount code? Check out:
What is Black Friday?
Here's a little back story about the origin of Black Friday. In America, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the last Thursday of the month of November. Most Americans tend to take the day after Thanksgiving off, giving them an extra-long weekend. Many take this opportunity to get some early Christmas shopping done and because the shops are packed with people, this day has been given the name Black Friday. The shopping frenzy even continues after the weekend into what's now known as Cyber Monday. Lots of shops in the States offer huge discounts on Black Friday and the days that follow it. This concept is also becoming increasingly popular in Europe, even though Thanksgiving isn't celebrated. So, when you see Black Friday advertised here at Bax Music, you'll know what time it is: time to shop!
Four days of offers
In the United States, many shops open extremely early on Black Friday. Some even open at midnight or even on Thanksgiving itself. With many people taking four full days off during this period and choosing to shop, things can tend to get a little hectic! Some people even camp out overnight, attempting to stake their place in the queue. Shoppers often storm in as soon as stores open their doors hoping to grab the best bargains for themselves. Stories like this show how successful Black Friday has become and since 2015, it’s officially been the busiest shopping day of the year in the United States. Not everyone likes to line up and fight for the best bargains, however, and that’s how Cyber Monday began. It’s been around since 2003 and because it’s dedicated to online shoppers, it was christened Cyber Monday in 2005. These days, there’s not so much difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday with many deals being found in stores and online on both days as well as the ones in between.
Black Friday Facts!
- The term Black Friday was first used to describe the stock market crash on the New York stock exchange in 1869!
- Black Friday as we now know it started in the United States and quickly made its way to Canada before spreading to Europe.
- Mexico has its own version of Black Friday. It’s called El Buen Fin which is short for ‘El Buen Fin de Semana’ which translates as ‘The Good Weekend’.
- Twelve percent of American shoppers have admitted to shopping on Black Friday whilst under the influence of alcohol!
- One of the theories surrounding the name Black Friday is that shops used to be operating at a loss (or be in the red) before Thanksgiving and that so much money would be spent around that time that they’d be operating at a profit after it (be in the black).